Author: Gauri Kshirsagar
Of all the major purchases I have done for the twins,Twin stroller is one of the best thing I have bought “for myself”. I was rather apprehensive to buy it at the beginning, as most of the strollers (single baby) bought by my friends were not used much.
But let me summarize some of the advantages of buying a twin stroller:
- You are never hands free when u go out with the twins, which is not the case with a single baby. Its much easier to do your shopping with the twin stroller once they are more than 10 months old.
- Even at home when you are alone, you can make the babies sit in the stroller, put on the breaks, put on some video and carry on with your work. (But don’t leave them unattended)
- Can feed them easily sitting in the stroller (If you are planning not to buy the feeding chair)
- Its quite easy to carry around, if its a double foldable stroller
- Can use it, till they are two years of age.
Some points to note before you make the purchase:
- Always check the safety belt. Always buy one with shoulder cum waist belt.
- Always check if the tires are made of rubber and not plastic.
- Check if all the breaks are working.
- Buy one with a reclining seat.
- There are not many sites or shops where twin strollers are available in India, if possible you can ask any of your relatives or friends from US to bring one for you.
- Rather than buying an unsafe stroller like “Fab N Funky” from first cry, you can check out second hand strollers on OLX or Precared or Quickr and get them cleaned from local car wash shop.
Some good twin stroller brands include:
- Good Baby
- Mother Care
Where to buy Twin strollers in India?
A. If you are willing to spend a lot more on a twin stroller, I suggest try jungle.com, which has very excellent quality strollers, here is the link: Twin stroller in baby products (junglee)
B. If your budget is about 10,000-20,00 rupees, I suggest the following strollers:
- Chicco Echo Twin Stroller: This is a good company, with good products; I suggest you buy this stroller. Following are the links where you can buy them:
- Goodbaby side by side twin stroller:
- Chicco Together Klabber Stroller (If you like a tandem strollers)
- Maclaren – Twin Techno W / Scarlet (Charcoal): Maclaren – Twin Techno W / Scarlet (Charcoal) Twins Pram
- Little Wanderer’s Twin stroller : At present, its not available
C. Strollers I suggest you DON’T BUY, because of poor plastic wheels and lack of proper safety belts are:
- Fab N Funky twin Stroller
- Firstcry: Fab N Funky Twin Stroller
- New Natraj Avon Twin Baby Pram
D. If you are OK with second hand strollers, you can check out the following. Many of the strollers are rarely used and of good export quality. You can get them cleaned at a car wash shop.
- OLX: http://olx.in/strollers/q-twin-stroller/
- Quickr: http://www.quikr.com/twin-baby-stroller-all/twin-baby-stroller/z0
- Precared: http://www.precared.com/twin-strollers
- There are also Baby Gear rental sites, like thegbabe.com which rent out strollers, car seats, feeding chair etc. Do check them out.
Following are some photographs of the twin stroller “Goodbaby” which I bought:
*Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Please do ‘★ LIKE’ the post if you found it to be useful.Your comments, suggestions, criticism and all opinions are very much appreciated. Please do write your queries in the Reply/comments section and I will try to get back to you asap.