Author: Gauri Kshirsagar
Baby proofing is of utmost necessity when a baby starts crawling around the house. One of the most important of them is a baby safety door gate, which can be used at doors leading to stairs, the kitchen, fireplace or any other unsafe area. The baby gates which are available in the market are quite expensive and may require further modifications. The following method is quite cheaper and can be easily done at home with minimal tools.
You will require:
- A wooden plank, thick enough to be sturdy and of height 60-65cms or 24-25 inches. This height will be sufficient till the kid is about 2.5 to 3 years of age. Also it is of convenient height for adults to move over.
- Sunmica Sheet (optional) or simple tape to make the edges splinter free
- Two strips of wood to make a sliding hinge
- Necessary tools
Method: (Follow the photographs)
- Cut the wooden plank according to size of the door or passageway
- Make a hinge as that of the width of the plank on either side of the door
- Make the plank splinter free by using a simple tape or sunmica
- Slide the plank through the hinges to close the passageway
The width of the plank can be made according to width of the passageway, so it can be easily used for a shorter or a broader passageway
There are also many varieties of commercially available gates which can be bought online and installed in your home.
*Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Please do ‘★ LIKE’ the post if you found it to be useful.Your comments, suggestions, criticism and all opinions are very much appreciated. Please do write your queries in the Reply/comments section and I will try to get back to you asap.