Author: Gauri Kshirsagar
*DISCLAIMER: Please do check the ingredients and cost of the vaccine on the manufacturer’s website. Do discuss the vaccine in detail with your paediatrician before making a decision. We DO NOT promote any brands. This article is only for information and discussion. It is NOT an advice column.
In India, there are number of vaccines given to a child since birth right upto the age of five years and each vaccine has a different schedule and dosage. To complicate further every vaccine has multiple brand names which determines its market cost. There isn’t a proper site which lists out the cost according to the Immunization schedule.
Hence to ease out this nerve wracking job of calculating the cost of vaccination each time you visit a doctor, I have compiled a list of various vaccines with their brand names, cost given at each week. So do download the file and relax!!!
FOR A COLOUR CODED AND SIMPLIFIED VERSION DOWNLOAD THE 2018 updated PDF FILE HERE: Detailed cost of vaccination in India 2018
- Prices are as that of on February 2018, Variations may occur in the upcoming months. Local taxes apply.
- Prices differ from one company to another, unlike in the West.
- Prices are only indicative, and subject to variation.
- The charges at a peadiatrian’s clinic may also include OPD/consultation charges, hence total cost may vary
- The cost also varies depending on the amount vaccine in a vial bought. Single vaccine vial will cost more, hence cost of some of the vaccines hasbeen mentioned as single dose or multiple dose.
- The choice of DPT combination vaccine may change the immunization schedule. To know how, first read my post: Painful versus painless vaccines – Article on different DPT combination vaccines
- Please also download the Recent immunization schedule by IAP -2014, which I have simplified and colour coded from this link: IMPORTANT: Indian Immunization schedule recommended by Indian Academy of Pediatrics (with 2014 modifications)
- The Immunization schedule of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) and Government recommended Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) are two different schedules.
- Do consult your doctor thoroughly before every vaccination.
- Cost of booster may cost less (200 -500 Rupees) than the main vaccine
*Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Please do ‘★ LIKE’ the post if you found it to be useful.Your comments, suggestions, criticism and all opinions are very much appreciated. Please do write your queries in the Reply/comments section and I will try to get back to you asap.